In 2013 Lambeth Council asked the local community if they would like to take over the running of Lollard Street Adventure Playground. Various voluntary organisations made bids to take it over, it was eventually agree that the Kennington Association should take over the management of the playground. They would form the management committee and trustees for the playground. In 2014 they became a registered charity (1161070).
The Kennington Association (KA) is a politically-independent community organisation created to facilitate co-operation, communication and recreation in and around Kennington. We act as a conduit for lending a helping hand in the neighbourhood. All work is done by volunteers (except for the play workers who are employed at Lollard Street) and all money raised is spent for the benefit of Kennington, with a minimum reserved for assets and expenses. We aim to:
- Foster a sense of community within the diverse population of the Kennington area
- Campaign in order to maintain and improve public services
- Act as an advocate in matters of public planning and architectural proposals
- Work to protect Kennington’s historical heritage and improve its amenities and environment
- Work to promote the general health and well-being of its people
- Work with other groups and authorities, as appropriate, to these ends.
Please click here to view- Kennington Association’s latest Financial Accounts 16/17
We also have a formal constitution which you’re welcome to view.
If you would like to find out more about the Kennington Association please visit their website.